Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Video and Audio Search Optimization

I have been playing around with optimizing video and audio on the web, that is, making it easier to search for true video and audio that is embedded in video files, instead of having a returned video search result for youtube, google, yahoo, aol, metacafe or dailymotion video websites.

I have partially accomplished this through the saturation of the words "video, videos, movie and movies" in my title, description and keyword meta tags on my webpages/website. I also use those search engines which have their own video format and create my video files in that format (Hint-There is only one). I have recently found a way to index audio files in the search engines and because the audio files are embedded in video files, it indexes both the audio and video. I have approximately 150, thirty second video clips of sports, personal training, bodybuilding, football on my website, http://www.splaxon.com/cpg, with at least 200 video clips to be uploaded.

I have now started to see my website come up number 1 on Google and live.com for search terms such as "New York sports video" and "New York personal training video", not just because of the saturation of keywords or keyphrases but because of the video files that I am using. (Note: There is NO Flash on my website) I have identified another technique, which I am currently testing which will allow me to get even more standalone video results to my website, without using the big video upload services previously mentioned. Stay tuned here for my results coming soon.

Dallas Plummer

No comments: